Tuesday 8 November 2011

Saving and Splurging

Last month I was super frugal with my spending, but I definitely feel the urge to spend when I'm not feeling very well! Retail therapy definitely makes me feel better, even if money decreasing doesn't!


Last Thursday I went on a shopping trip with the lovely Bex and her mum. I was already suffering horribly then, but it was good to get out of the house, have a mooch around the shops and spend some time with my extended family :) I did buy Christmas presents (well, one, I've just got some clothes for Michael Patrick so far!), Christmas wrapping paper, some curlers, a tailcomb for styling hair, some dark red jeans and a cream top.


Today, feeling miserable and poorly sick, I have been a menace on eBay and Dollheart. Rather than spoiling myself, I've spoiled my dolls, (yes, I know, this is pretty much the same thing!)
I bought;


  • 18mm Blue Glitter glass eyes - They look really pretty. I bought Morideryn, my School B, some 18mm Hand Glass Craft eyes in Turquoise and they'll be her default eyes, but I want to keep trying different eyes with her for cosplays and things and these were cheap and pretty. I've always been curious about how glittery glass eyes can really be, so this will be a good test!
  • SD10 size Sailor Coat - I'm a sucker for all things nautical, in my last dolly stuff update in June I bought Mafonwen a Volks sailor set (jeans, grey sailor jacket, blue & white striped top). I have a Topshop coat that basically looks exactly the same as this coat. As soon as I saw that I could get one in SD-size I wanted one to match mine. It is also available in MSD (or 1/4) size too, so I might be tempted to buy the smaller one too and Mafonwen can have the big one and Melangell can have a little one.
  • SD10 size tan brogue shoes - The Happiest Princess has some of these for her SD girls (Ibi's wearing the same tan ones I've bought) and I think they look fabulous. It's another wishfulfilment thing for me because I always liked brogue flats, but I don't have the legs for them! For BJD shoes they're really reasonably priced too.
  • SD10 size Dollheart Boots - I wish these were in my size, because I LOVE them. I'll just have to settle for having BJD ones instead. They'll look really good with the morigirl-style I want for Deryn, my School B.




Favourite BJD picture of the day goes to this picture of Miu by Turbow - I was never really into Bluefairy dolls, but then I found Turbow's collection and that definitely changed for me! Turbow's Miu is a Bluefairy Tiny Fairy limited edition Misty-Rose Olive and she looks gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment