Monday 21 November 2011

Abbey Bominable!

I won Abbey! Yay! The auction didn't go over £30 either, so I'm pleased with that!


She's not going to stay as the daughter of the Yeti. I know it seems a bit crazy to wipe her and re-paint her when she's so difficult to find, but I think the repaints look much better than the actual factory faces. Abbey (or whatever her name will be) is going to be an Andorian Starfleet officer too, and they're not really known for their over made-up faces.


I need to work out a way of giving her blue antennae - wires covered with blue fimo? Or felt some? I definitely think wire is the way to go, because then they'll be poseable.


Her name's going to be Chathabialeh. Not sure if she'll be a zhen or a shen though(Andorians have four genders, two are roughly comparable with the male gender and two are roughly comparable with the female gender.) Andorian reproduction is difficult to describe. The shen provides the 'egg', which is fertilised by the thaan. This is then fertilized by the chan and implanted into the zhen, who adds her gametes and then the zygote develops into an Andorian infant in her pouch.


It depends on what kind of character I want Chathabialeh to be. Zhens seem to be highly-strung, shens seem to be more easy-going and traditional. Perhaps she should be a zhen - Andorians have white hair, but Abbey Bominable has streaks of blue, purple and pink in her hair. I can't see a shen doing that :p


Chathabialeh zh'Bomeen then, or 'Abi' for short :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I'm excited that you're making an Andorian! I'm reading the Andor one of Worlds of DS9 right now!

    - Llin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole book, I think part of the reason I like Cardassians and Andorians is because of that book!

    It should be an easy modification, hardest bit will be making the uniform!

    ReplyDelete