Thursday 17 November 2011

Rerooting Repainting

For the past couple of days I've been looking at fashion dolls rather than my usual BJDs. I've always liked fashion dolls, but they've gone by the wayside a little while I've been more interested in BJDs, mainly because I've found BJDs to be more customisable...but! Almost everyone I know has been busily getting into Monster High repaints and while I enjoy doll painting, I'm not under any illusions that I'm half as good as any of the amazing repainters out there.


Instead, I've been looking into rerooting dolls, which seems like a fun (permanent!) alternative to wigs. My Sekiguchi Unoa doll has a really mean fringe and blonde locks that I don't mind, but don't care for terribly either. I wouldn't want to ruin her by doing a terrible amateurish reroot, but I really do want to have a go. Payday is a week away, so I'm thinking of buying some nylon hair and a rerooting needle from My Little Customs and having a go rerooting an unloved Momoko or Monster High doll. They do sell Monster High girls in work, but I know that as soon as I buy one boxed I'll want to keep her mint and I'll feel bad about cutting her hair off and pulling it out :s


I've been scouring eBay and Flickr for adoptable MH and Momokos, haven't found the right one yet for the right price. I really want a Momoko because I know she'll fit in, but I'd work with a MH doll too.

No comments:

Post a Comment