Wednesday 23 November 2011

Ghoulia Yelps

I've done it again! Well... My Abbey Bominable hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already planning the next custom. Creating Chathabialeh zh'Bomeen will be a tiny custom compared with this one.


I'm going to be customising Ghoulia Yelps into a Cardassian original character called Glinn Otala Zeltan. This means I have to wipe her face-paint, cut her hair off, reroot her, add Cardassian facial ridges, repaint her and make her a Cardassian military uniform. It should be worth it though.


Otala is one of my favourite original characters, I have such a soft spot for Cardassians anyway, but Otala is a special one to me. She's not a sue though, I wouldn't handle things the same way she does!


I've already ordered some black saran hair and rerooting needles from My Little Customs, I need to head out to the craft shop in Llandudno tomorrow to pick up some grey coloured Fimo. Fimo is awesome stuff. You shape it like plasticine or clay and then bake it at a low temperature to set it. This is how I'll be making Otala's facial and sternum ridges and extended Cardassian neck. I'll model the Fimo on her and then carefully remove it and bake it. When it's set I'll be able to glue it directly to her face and body and with some blushing it should blend in well if I find the right grey.


What I was astonished at when I took off all the face paint is how angular and Cardassian her face actually is. Ridges would complete the pictures, but she has very chiselled features already and her ears are set quite high, which is going to look perfect when her mods are finally done. Monster High dolls actually look prettier when they have less make-up, I think. Ghoulia has lovely lips, but you can't really tell until you take the red lipstick off.

No comments:

Post a Comment