Sunday 7 August 2011

Godson!

The Christening date for my Godson, Michael Patrick, has sort of been decided; it's provisionally on the 28th of August. This is awesome news because I'm already off on that day, so I don't have to worry about getting the time off!

I've decided to name a star for my Godson. I know that he'll be getting a Bible from his relatives and his other Godmother is getting him a silver rattle, so I wanted to get him something that he will think is cool when he's older and what's cooler than your very own star?! Exactly.

Rather than pay for it to be registered by some website that will probably disappear in a few years, I've decided I will pick Pollux (Beta Geminorum) as Michael Patrick's star. I spoke about registering a star with B, who told me that registering a star isn't genuinely changing the star's name, it's just adding information to a star database and paying to do so...plus you don't always get to pick the star!

Michael Patrick was born on June 10th, he's a Gemini, so I thought a star in his constellation would be perfect and Pollux is the brightest star in the Gemini constellation. I'm going to buy a silver star paperweight and have the details engraved on it so that when he is older, we can go out stargazing and try to find his star in the sky. Hopefully as Pollux is the brightest, it won't be that difficult as long as we can find the Gemini constellation! We shall see!

I've never been asked to be a Godmother before, this is so exciting. Such a responsibility too, I really hope I live up to it and I'm a person that Michael Patrick can rely on in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment