Wednesday 24 August 2011

Darwin Violet Doll Plan

I know, I know, so I haven't actually finished working on Mefyswen's mods or got around to getting her a body of her own, but that doesn't mean I can't start thinking about another doll. ;)

I've always liked Volks School B and I think for this character the head is perfect, but I can't really put my finger on why. It just feels right to me. I was debating a couple of different heads for this doll (Pixydoll Dino, Crobidoll Thor...) before I remembered my old favourite School B.

Darwin Violet is one of the names I'm reserving for a future daughter, but just in case I don't get to use it, I want to use it somewhere! I did think about getting a little Beagle and calling her Darwin, but it's not quite the same.

This is my moodboard of all the things I've been thinking of that relate to the character or cute things I would like to dress her in/pose her with. All that's missing are a pair of pastel coloured Wayfarers. Glasses are important to this character, I think.

I haven't bought any of these things yet, but if I do find a School B for a good price I think I'll go for it. Mafonwen's body is going to get so crowded with three heads wanting to share!

This is the current state of Mefyswen's head > > > > > > > >

I still haven't had chance to do the final things; sand her eyelids, locate some sealant and start on her new face. I am a bad dolly woman. An especially bad one to be planning a doll in a different skin tone - That means I'll need Ariadoll Elegance 14 Years bodies in WS and NS. I should probably finish the Mefyswen project before I start on the Darwin Violet one, but that depends on what I see first when I have the money - an Ariadoll body or a School B head!


Bella the Dal/Momoko hybrid is unimpressed by my lack of finishing up Mefyswen as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment