Saturday 22 March 2014

Gwenllian!

My Volks Rose, Gwenllian, is usually the most consistent with her appearance of all my BJDs. She has brown hair and grey-blue eyes and pretty much always dresses in clothes her character would wear.
 
As this doll is based on one of my original characters and was made to be a doll of the character, I've always been quite protective of her image and wanting to keep her looking the way she does in my head, whereas my other dolls wear in character and out of character clothes all the time as and when I feel like it.
 

The other day, for some fun, I dressed Gwenllian in a more modern outfit than she would normally be dressed in and I thought she looked really nice. (see above!) She's wearing a different wig to her usual brown bob style and she's wearing the gorgeous teal cardi with fox print I got from Dorset Clothing on Etsy. She's wearing a Nepali turquoise around her neck as well. I think this combination of colours really suit her and I'm more relaxed about what she wears now.

So, in the spirit of that relaxedness I decided to try my Crobidoll Thor girl's clothes out on Gwenllian! She looks so different!


She's wearing a pink ForMyDoll wig, blue acrylic eyes with butterfly shaped pupils, a grey cardi from a Volks set, a black Dollheart skirt as a top and a River Island bracelet as a necklace. I think she looks fabulously different, but it also makes me a bit sad because I really want this Crobidoll head to come so I can put my ideas together into this new doll. :( Hopefully the seller will have more news for me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment