Monday 7 April 2014

Melangell's Return

Well, my dreams of a Crobidoll Thor Flamingo Girl were not (yet) to be and I got a refund from the seller. While I was moping a bit, I decided not to give up and to keep trying to find another head that would fit my criteria (matches Volks NS, is gorgeous...) and found a head by an artist completely unknown to me before now.
 
The seller was in the UK, so that was an extra fabulous bonus, and I had the funds all there ready after getting my refund, so the sale was concluded in just a couple of days. The new head arrived on Saturday morning, but with work and stuff I hadn't had chance to take pictures of her until today.
 
I proudly introduce... Oopnix Zid!
 
Not the head you or I was expecting but a very gorgeous and happy arrival!
 
Oopnix is the studio name of a Korean doll artist and the Zid sculpt was made in 2011 in very small quantities and was only available to Korean buyers, which makes her a very special, rare head. The collector I bought her from was her first owner too.
 
I am thrilled with this head!
 
However... when I unwrapped her and put in her blue eyes and pink wig, she didn't feel like Flamingo Girl to me. The longer I see her with the eyes and wig the better it looks IMO, but it still isn't 'perfect'...and that's because this doll has decided she isn't going to be Flamingo Girl, but instead she is Melangell Shigeta returned!
 
Melangell Shigeta is a Welsh/Japanese character I had a few years ago and this head is perfect for her. So, she's not who I bought her to be, but she's going to be awesome anyway! I am determined to have my Flamingo Girl one day, but for now I'm going to send Melangell off to Viridian House for a custom face-up and arrange for a dark wig for her to look truly like herself again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment