Saturday 26 April 2014

The latest incarnation of Bellosse: Sigrid

I am trying to do something with my DIM Bellosse. I put her on the 'good' SD13 body* yesterday and although the resin match was atrocious, it was nice to dress her up and do something with her.

I decided that a change of name and identity might help me move along with her better. She is now Sigrid Blodhäxa, a very sweet and colourful vampire. I really like the name Sigrid (I gave that name to a NP character in my brother's Game of Thrones RPG, Sigrid of House Greyjoy, the great aunt of Theon and Asha and Water Witch of Pyke,) and the more I think about the name in association with my Bellosse the more it is working out for me, which is a good sign. Her other name, Blodhäxa, just means 'bloodwitch' in Swedish. I chose it because it worked well with Sigrid and she's a vampire and she can have magical powers if she wants to...

So that's where I am with her at the moment. I'm working on her face-up and hopefully I'll have something to show for that soon. Then I will have to think about a body for her (even though I said I didn't want to have too many bodies around!) I am considering a Zaoll body. The resin won't be a perfect match but it will be a lot closer than the NS-yellow tone of the Volks dolls I have here, and it will be a different body shape and size because Zaolls are midi-larger dolls, so it'll be nice to have a range of heights.

*i.e. the one that is really well strung and KIPS'ed and will stand and pose well, even though it is yellowed and I haven't been fussed enough to give it a good clean. As opposed to the 'bad' SD13 body which is actually not yellowed, but is floppily strung, has no KIPS and won't pose worth a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment