Monday 17 March 2014

Exciting things!

I've got some very exciting things coming up!
 
Firstly, in early May I'm going to Manchester to join in with their monthly doll meets at the Rosylee Tear Rooms.
 
Next, I have my cousin's wedding at the end of May in a real live castle!
 
Then I have another wedding in early June, my friend is getting married at Bangor University.
 
Then in August I have the amazingly exciting Nine Worlds Geek Fest to go to!
 
So, I'm in a flurry of excitement because I want to pick which doll I'm bringing with me to Manchester, I'm planning my wedding outfit(s) and I'm planning who to cosplay as for Nine Worlds!
 
This is a picture of Deryn from our photowalk last week!
 
With the doll meet, I'm leaning towards bringing Deryn. She's probably my most recognisable doll (because I take pictures mostly of her,) and her body is the most stable in terms of posing ability. If I stand her up I can be reasonably confident she'll stay standing up, whereas Gwenllian does her own thing. I'm also thinking that because Deryn is an SD, she'll be that damn big that I won't lose sight of her!
 
I'm still gathering inspiration for my wedding outfit, but I'm pretty sure now that it's going to be the Hell Bunny 'Sassy' dress in blue (it has a design of parrots and pineapples on it,) I think blue will be best because my best net underskirt is pale blue and will work with it straight away, so I don't have to buy anything beyond the dress. I also have a little parrot brooch which will look cute with perhaps a white cardi or blazer. The rest is to be decided.
 
Today I kind of upset my own applecart for Nine Worlds, because I thought I was set on my two cosplays for the weekend (it's a three day event and I only want to cosplay for two days. I'm planning to bring a BJD, so I would rather not cosplay every single day and just focus one day on carrying my doll around,) I've found I have pretty much everything I would need for a third cosplay right here without having to buy anything.
 
I was originally planning to cosplay as Cheery Littlebottom, the dwarf sergeant of the Ankh Morpork City Watch and Captain Kirk, legendary Star Trek captain, but I still have plenty to get for those costumes whereas I could just put on this baggy red dress, tie a pink ribbon around my neck, wear black tights and boots and put my hair in a top knot and...instant Little My from the Moomintroll books! So that one will save me money and time that I could put towards another cosplay. Both Cheery and Kirk will need work on my part and I think I'm more attached to the idea of playing Cheery than I am Kirk, but we shall see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment