Wednesday 25 April 2012

Sales

I sold two dolls today! I have had my Souldoll Soulkids, Snyder and Harang, in boxes for a very long time and today they both found new owners within a very short time of me putting up sales threads!

I originally tried trading them for two custom kimono which fell through when the seamstress flaked and I tried again trading them for more custom doll clothing, but the trader I was working with has been AWOL for 10 months. :( These dolls have been in storage for most of the time I've actually had them!

I'm so glad that they're moving on to nice new homes! The Soulkid Snyder, actually my first BJD, is going to a lovely new home in Germany and the Soulkid Harang was my first boy doll, my third doll overall. He is going to Kent - the buyer bought him as a surprise for someone special and Harang is going to be their project.

I thought I might be sad to see them go, but I'm actually just relieved about it. They really have been here long enough. I want them to go somewhere they'll really be appreciated and be put on display as they deserve. :)

The other AMAZING thing about today is that the SD13 body I bought for Deryn has arrived! Trouble is, it's at B's in Bangor and I won't be able to go pick her up until Monday. I'm so grateful he let me have her posted to his though, it also means he'll get to see dolly-squee first hand ;) Be afraid, be very afraid! I'll need to charge my DSLR and remember to bring Deryn's head, the doll carrier and some clothes with me, otherwise she'll be naked and stuffed into my handbag, poor thing.

I can't wait for her to be in one (resin) piece. It's been nice having her as a full doll on the Dollfie Dream body, but it'll be awesome when she's on her SD13 one. I also need to buy some more BJD elastic. Mafonwen badly needs restringing - I'm such a bad dolly owner.

There are a few dolls I would really like, (LittleFee PongPong has been released and it's such a cutie!) ...But I think my focus now should really be on getting my existing collection to a point where I'm content with it. I don't really need any new dolls because I have hardly any time to do anything with the ones I already have. I need to streamline my collection so I'm only keeping the dolls I really want to keep and I also need a dolly wardrobe clear-out. My dolls have a lot of kit they don't really wear!


Ultimately, I think I would be happy with two SDs (my Megu and my School B are 100% staying), my two SDCs and perhaps one more Yo to go with Mari-chan. So I'd be looking to sell my Inkling, my Dollfie Dream and my project Volks old F-03 FCS head. We'll see. It's taken me years to find new homes for my Soulkids!

No comments:

Post a Comment