Tuesday 10 April 2012

Clumsy

 8 hairplugs down...so many to go!

Disaster has struck too. I am notoriously clumsy, but I usually take trouble to be careful when it comes down to my crafting materials and I try to keep them neat...but I dropped my skein of Cognac saran hair as I was measuring it out and it's been so impossible to untangle I had to throw it away. I had enough for my eight hairplugs above, plus some that I was able to detangle and store using a candle as a spindle (pic below)
This is pretty frustrating!

My options now are to blend Hazelnut and the remaining Cognac and give her streaks of colour at her temples so at least those areas are matching and reroot the rest of her head in Hazelnut only, or order a new skein of Cognac and wait a little longer to reroot her.

It's annoying because I like to prepare a lot of hairplugs in advance because once the hairplugs are done it makes rooting the hair with a long needle a much faster job. It's not as fast as using a reroot tool, but it is far more secure. It will require a little glue to stay put, but because it's knotted it's not likely to slip out.

So...what do I do now? I have a headless, naked Momoko with a tuft of hair over her right ear! I guess I'll start making her some clothes so at least she won't be naked!

No comments:

Post a Comment