Tuesday 10 April 2012

The New Girl

Well, the new Momoko has arrived and she looks great!

This is her straight out of the shipping box. Her hair doesn't look as bad as it did on the Mandarake picture, but it's not great. I could probably live with it if I hadn't got the gorgeous saran hair from MyLittleCustoms.com :) I'm also pleased to see that someone else has repainted her mouth and got rid of the ghastly pale pink lipstick she originally had. I prefer this coral colour much more and it's what I was going to pick anyway! All I need to do is paint her teeth.

Here she is modelling the skein of Cognac saran. :D It's an awful picture, but I hope it's easy to see how well the cognac will go with her tan skin and dark eyes. The hazelnut skein looks good too.

Now to get her head off (hairdryer on a low heat will make the plastic more flexible and allow me to take off her head without risking her neck bobble), cut her hair close to her scalp and get her ready for rerooting! 

EDIT:
 Here she is - all bald and ready for rerooting to start!


I warmed up her head with a hairdryer on low to get it off her neck bobble - you can also warm up the vinyl in warm water to make it more pliable. I think a previous owner tried yanking her head off as there are slight stress fractures on her neck. It won't show in photos and once her head is back on properly they won't be seen.

I cut her hair very close to her scalp and then used a small crochet hook to start pulling out the old hairplugs. The hardest plugs to get out were where her part line was thatched and densely rooted. I dipped her head in warm water to loosen the glue and it was quite easy to get all the old hair out of her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment