Friday 21 February 2014

Ziylora Mosetian Ghosad

Anyone who follows me should have realised by now that I like my collages and mood boards!

Last year I bought a DIM Bellosse head to practice face-ups on a bigger doll without wiping the awesome face-ups on my other girls. At the time I had another doll intended to become one of my alien characters, so Bellosse was drafted into that universe and became a character called Ziylora Mosetian Ghosad, who I wrote a little about in yesterday's post. I started to do a face-up on her last year, but I lost inspiration when the weather went bad and I never went back to finish her look.





Because Nine9Style no longer had the MSD-size denim roll-up dress, I had them switch that item to the two hot pink awesome wigs in the collage! Mojito's loss is Ziylora's gain.

I plan on getting her a Doll Chateau Youth-03 body, but without the limb extensions, (Photoshopped out in the pic.) I actually like the extensions to the legs and arms, I think it would add to her alien-ness, but I don't like the neck extension and I'm not able to have the limb extensions without including the neck one. Not having them means that I could get the body for slightly cheaper, and it also reduces her overall height, which is okay by me because otherwise she would be a much bigger doll than I'm used to. I'm not planning to buy her body straight away, I'm going to work up to that.

The blue eyes I got for my PongPong, Wishbone, were relatively cheap no-brand glass eyes from Mybayer on eBay, but they're so vibrant and I love that there's tonal variation between the lighter inner iris and the darker ring around the outside. It really gives depth to the eyes, so I decided they would work for Ziylora as well and bought a second pair of eyes for her. The eyes Ziylora is currently wearing will be too pale and washed-out next to the vibrant wigs, so she will need bright eyes as well.

The "Women Join the MARINES" poster is a bit of inspiration for Ziylora's character. Despite all the bright pinks and child-like facial features, Ziylora is actually a very tough cookie. She is a 'Leget Shiyra' or Force Captain of her world's police. In a similar event to the one that separated Aeryn Sun from the Peacekeepers in Farscape, Ziylora is accidentally removed from her homeworld and ends up, very reluctantly, on Earth.

Then again, knowing me, perhaps when she has her eyes and wigs she will decide she isn't who I wanted her to be after all and is someone quite different! We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment