Thursday 20 February 2014

Disappointment but perhaps something better?

Sadly, I got an email from Nine9Style this morning about my order. The denim roll up dress I wanted is out of stock forever because they have run out of the right material. I am so disappointed because I love that dress, but I suppose I'll just have to look out for it on the second-hand market.

I can't be down forever though, because this gives me an opportunity to pick something else from Nine9Style and treat another doll of mine that only has half a face-up and can't really be called a doll since she really is just a head, but anyway. My Doll in Mind (DIM) Bellosse, Ziylora, has had a hand-me-down wig and eyes since she got here last year, so I'm turning the lemons into lemonade and getting Ziylora a couple of wigs in the correct colour for her.



Ziylora is not like my other SD-size dolls. My big girls are all human, but are from different cultures in a fictional rural/steampunk world of my own devising, but Ziylora is an alien and from a completely different story. Aside from being in pictures with my other girls, she won't actually appear in their story and they really won't appear in hers.

The Bellosse sculpt attracted me because of the prominent vampire fangs poking out of her mouth and the childish features of the head. It started getting me thinking about a species that drew you in by looking adorable and then attacked and killed you, (not a nice idea, all being said.) Ziylora's people basically came from that idea, although they're not 'true' vampires because they don't live off blood, they hunt by using their venomous bite and tracking down their prey after it's crawled away to die. I don't want to go too much into it, because I'm very precious about my aliens storyline and I am actually writing it into a novel, so I would hate to have someone else use my ideas before I could set them down. I have pretty much everything about Ziylora's civilization written down, her world is completely built and very real to me, and it's exciting to have her as a doll.

Some things I can say about her without giving very much away is that for her species/culture, pale colours and pastel colours are very much preferred. Bright colours are seen as really vulgar and unattractive and Ziylora is born into this culture with very bright raspberry pink hair, (a la, Nine9Style wig.) Pink is in the natural spectrum of hair colour for her species, but her vibrant shade is considered quite ugly by other people. So she has to deal with that as well as her tough job as a police captain.

I'm still disappointed I can't get the dress for Mojito, but if I can swap it for some wigs for Ziylora perhaps that'll motivate me to get Ziylora a body and finish her face-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment