Wednesday 19 December 2012

Incoming stuff and partial review

I make these collages partly so I actually remember what I've got coming in...

 

Clockwise from the top;
Nine9Style MSD red twist sandals
Saintbloom Rosemary Charlotte in brown tan
Strawberry Bambola bedding
DoliAzura purple mohair Monster High/Pukifee wig
Monstro Designs black wig with white streak for Monster High/Pukifee
Monstro Designs Pink leopard print leggings for YoSD
Monstro Designs black wet-look leggings for YoSD
Releaserain MSD polkadot socks
Sunny's World MSD navy polkadot dress
Sunny's World MSD red polkadot shirt

In the centre;
Sunny's World MSD red bow belt
Releaserain MSD black 'Mink' pompom shoes

Small review:
I've always had a very good experience with Sunny's World on eBay but unfortunately, this time my order was sent out weeks after I paid and I only got confirmation it was even sent out the other day. I hope this is a one-off, but it does make me leery of ordering from them again in the future, since I did really want these pieces sooner rather than later (Navy dress, red bow belt and red shirt) and in previous experience with SW I've had parcels arrive really quickly. I know with Christmas international post gets very slow, but the parcel should have been shipped before that became an issue.

I've never bought things from Saintbloom, DoliAzura or Strawberry Bambola before, so I will do a proper review once those things arrive.

Nine9Style and Releaserain took the usual amount of time to dispatch things out, but I know that they have been caught up in the Christmas chaos. I know that Monstro Designs takes some time to get orders made up and shipped out, and since that's the most recent one, I'm not too worried right now.

I'm ridiculously excited about Kahlua, which explains the Monstro Designs, Strawberry Bambola and DoliAzura stuff. I was pretty set on Kahlua having purple hair and then I saw this Bride of Frankenstein-ish wig and had to have it. I would love some band t-shirts for Kahlua, and I've seen a pretty cute Adventure Time shirt, but since these are licensed logos I would feel more comfortable making my own - at least no one would be profiting from them that way.

Room box update:
I've been deciding whether to go for carpet or wooden flooring. I'm leaning towards carpet, because making my own wooden floor looks really fiddly. Then again, it might be easier for a doll to stand on wooden floor rather than carpet. You see the problem.

If only this was as easy as making a house on The Sims!

No comments:

Post a Comment