Sunday 30 December 2012

12 Dolls of Christmas: SHE-RA!

On the sixth day of Christmas, a blast from the past...my prized boxed action figure of She-Ra, Princess of Power!

Picture of the front and back of the packaging!

She-Ra was an eBay purchase, I get plenty of nostalgia trips because I was brought up on She-Ra, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, so occasionally I go off and search for random things on eBay. I think I bought her in 2006. She had never been opened when she arrived - naturally I had to open the shipper box to see her...and I also took her out of the blister pack once, and then felt bad and put her back. I think of her more as a collector's piece, so I keep her inside the shipper box so she doesn't fade. It would be great to have her on display, but at the moment I just don't have the space.

She was a 2004 convention exclusive available from San Diego Comic Con or Chicago Wizard World comic convension, where you had to enter a lottery to buy one! Such was the popularity of The Most Powerful Woman in the Universe, that Mattel made her available in limited numbers after the convention. My girl didn't come from SDCC, she doesn't have the ident sticker on either box, but since she came with the outer shipper box and wasn't just her blister pack self, I think she came from the Chicago convention.

One fun thing about this edition of She-Ra - she has a longer skirt! I think it's a progressive sign that the Princess of Power doesn't need to wear skimpy clothes to be a super heroine. It's also fun to note that she wears more clothes than He-Man does. She-Ra is an amazing role model for women and girls. She kicks ass, she supports her friends, she fights against oppression and she is too busy saving the world to worry about what other people think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment