Thursday 6 October 2011

Autumn Project

Well, the sales have been going quite well on eBay and Amazon, I've had a few textbooks go and already sold a coat, so I'm pleased with how it's going so far.

Back at the beginning of September when B and I went to Liverpool on our holidays, I bought a can of Games Workshop Purity Seal because I'd run out of Mr Super Clear (MSC) resin sealant. I've been so busy with my dissertation and working extra shifts at work that I haven't had chance to finish my Mefyswen project head (old F-05) or my Deryn project head (School B). I still need fine grade sandpaper to smooth over Mefyswen's epoxy eyelids, so the only head I can realistically work on for the moment is Deryn's.

I've sprayed the first couple of coats of Purity Seal on her head, so when they've dried, I can start working on her face-up. I'm not the best at face-ups, but I'm enthusiastic, shall we say? ;)

I can't really afford to import the wig I wanted for Deryn at the moment, I don't have time to run a GO and postage for one wig is ridiculous from Leekeworld to the UK, so I'm going to work with a wig I already have instead. I have blonde ones (bought so my Dollfie Dream wouldn't stain!) and some unusual colours like pink and lavender, so I'm going to experiment with those before I buy a new wig - she may suit one I already have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment