Tuesday 25 October 2011

Anniversary!

Today B and I celebrated a whole year together!


Last night I cooked us lamb shanks, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, redcurrant & mint gravy and peas. We ate out of bowls whilst sat on the floor of his room watching Fry's Planet Word and drinking red wine out of whiskey glasses! Our main meal was followed by B's favourite - tiramisu!


This morning we woke up at 4:30 - B is a warden in university halls and he had to do some fire drills in different blocks on the site. I stayed all toasty warm in bed while he was out in the early morning cold setting off fire alarms and timing students to see how quickly they could get out in an emergency. When B got back at 7:30 we were supposed to open our presents, but he was so tired that we decided to put the presents back a bit and have some more sleep!


I got B a vintage military medal from 1945, given for the Soviet capture of Berlin, and B gave me a new eyepiece for my vintage Ihagee Exa camera. Vintage presents this year!


It was a lovely low-key anniversary, I'm not really a big 'going out' person and B doesn't seem to be much of one either, so it was a good way of celebrating and keeping it just between us. We could have done without the fire alarm interruptions though!

No comments:

Post a Comment