Monday 20 August 2012

Dolls moving out!

This morning I put two dolls in the post!

My YoSD Yuh is going to a new home in Spain and my Dollfie Dream is going to her new home in York. Carrying the two large boxes down to the village post office was a bit of a struggle! I couldn't have managed any more!

The money from selling my Dollfie Dream has gone towards a body for my Volks Rose, Gwenllian, and my YoSD is being traded for a Volks Kun head. She has her original papers and Volks headplate, and the person I'm trading with is also paying for the cost of a Viridian House face-up for Kun when Caroline reopens her shop.

I am much happier with a smaller collection, I get a bit stressed when I have over 8 dolls because I can't really do anything with them if there's too many! My current dolls are;
Full Dolls;
Volks SD10 Megu - Mafonwen Enku
Volks SD13 School B - Morideryn
Volks SDC Kurt - Klemens-Ruprecht von Klessel
Alchemic Labo Unoa Sist - Mojito Collins
Volks SD13 Rose - Gwenllian Cyffin

Floating Heads;
Volks F-03 (head only) - Mefyswen
Volks Kun (head only) - Tommeliesl von Dorfli

I am pretty excited about my incoming Kun. I don't intend for her to be a full doll, she'll be able to share bodies with my other SD girls and that's fine by me. She is based on another of my characters, a Schkauss girl called Tommeliesl who goes to school with Gwenllian, Mafonwen and Deryn. Schkaussers can be brash and outspoken, but Tommeliesl is quite quiet in comparison.

I have some 18mm blue Luts glass eyes for her and I'll be getting a Leekeworld wig in sandy blonde. Not sure which style yet. Tommeliesl isn't a main character, so I don't expect to amass the same kind of huge wardrobes and wig collections the other ladies expect, but for me a 'complete' doll is one that has their own eyes, wig, personal outfit and shoes and doesn't have to share, so a complete floating head would be one that has their own eyes and wig at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment