Wednesday 2 May 2012

Shoe Post!

I'm feeling poorly sick today, so instead of going to my friend R's house later for curry and cuddles with my godson, I'm at home and feeling sorry for myself. One thing does cheer me up when I'm sick and that's shoes!!

Besides dolls, my favourite things are shoes. I probably have everything from flats to trainers to boots to heels to sandals...the list goes on.

I don't really have enough time to wear all the shoes I own, which is pretty sad. A lot of my shoes were quite expensive to track down (I have a passion for Doc Martens, Irregular Choice and, annoyingly, sold out Topshop shoes), which means I probably should wear them a lot more than I do...but where would I wear platform mary janes? Around the house? ;)

Inspired by Carrie's WishWishWish fashion blog, I fell for Swedish Hasbeens clogs/sandals! I think they're gorgeous and perfect for summertime. I'm more of a closed toe girl, a sandal has to be something special if I go for a peep toe or open toe shoe, and I think these are cute. They also remind me of the shoes Saffron is first seen wearing in the 'Our Mrs Reynolds' Firefly episode. (Another part of my shoe collecting is buying shoes that could work into a cosplay...and never actually doing the cosplay!)


In other shoe news, I'm eagerly awaiting my pair of Doc Marten Mary Janes in Mint QQ Pearl leather. To cut a long story short, my order got misplaced by the company and my emails weren't getting picked up, but eventually, hopefully, they should be arriving today. I love the colour on screen, so I'm hoping I love them in person. Mint green is quickly becoming my favourite colour!

I always seem to buy shoes in colours other than black, which is a bit silly because I need black shoes for work. I always seem to buy the cheapest black pair of flats I can find, which is false economy because they're ruined in four weeks and I have to get another pair. If I saved up and bought a pair of black Docs specifically for work I would save myself so much money in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better asap!
    I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. I would love it if you could perhaps follow me back too?

    Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so sweet, I'm blushing :)

      I'm following you back! All the best!

      Delete