Tuesday 8 May 2012

Incoming!

Incoming! Clockwise from top; Pink rockinghorse shoes (MSD-size) by Releaserain, patterned skirt by Fyrd8th's Etsy shop, white rockinghorse shoes (SD-size) by Releaserain and the 'Move On Aubrie' steampunk set by Dollheart.

More clothes and, as usual, they're not for me! Of course I'm excited for all of them, but my coup purchase was the Dollheart outfit (there's a better picture of it on my Pinterest.) Dollheart is expensive, but the quality is undeniable and I don't mind paying for that. I also love that there are so many pieces to one Dollheart outfit (this one even includes boots!!) so it's easy to mix and match. This outfit has hat (with steampunk goggles), shirt, jabot with cameo brooch, corsetdress, skirt, cuffs, shorts, stockings and gaiters.


Why two pairs of rockinghorse shoes? Well...rockinghorse shoes are a Lolita fashion staple and I think it's a really cute look, especially for dolls.


The pink pair are for 1/4 scale BJDs (MSD/MiniFee/Kid Delf/Lati Blue...) and they're going to my Volks Kurenai, Melangell. The pink shoes compliment the pink in her patterened skirt from Fyrd8th. For a proper, prim loli look she'll wear white stockings, white bloomers, a petticoat and a white Dollheart shirt. I have a pink ribbon in the same colour as the shoes and accent on the skirt that I'll tie in a bow under her shirt collar.


As for the white pair, they are for 1/3 scale BJDs (Super Dollfie/Delf/Dollfie Dream...) and they're not going to belong to anyone in particular. They're going to complete my Dollheart Pure Maid outfit.
(picture not mine!)
 
I got most of the pieces of this outfit in a Dollheart Fukubukuro (lucky bag) a few years ago and my dolls usually wear it with burgundy Dale Rae flats, but I think it will look a lot cuter with rockinghorse shoes.

Please check out The Vintage Pearl, it's a fashion blog run by the lovely well-travelled and well-dressed Miss Iffa!

No comments:

Post a Comment