Thursday 5 January 2012

Sales Stuff!

Last night I stayed over at B's and because the weather was awful, we made a cheerful, bright-coloured Moroccan chicken dish. Sadly we didn't have the tagine to serve it in, but it was yummy anyway. We used chicken thighs, chopped apricots, chickpeas, paprika, turmeric, tomato puree, coriander, parsley and butter and it was really tasty - the only thing I would change for next time is use chicken breasts or cut the meat off the bone because the meat was very tender after being cooked and it fell off the bones leaving gristly bits lurking in the food :s That bit wasn't recommended!

We had some glasses of a cab sauv and watched two Australian films; The Castle and The Dish, while the rain and wind lashed outside.

Today, B had to go to the library and hand in an essay, so I decided to go and spend some of my Christmas money!

I bought;
Accessorize - a wishbone bracelet (perfect scale for a long pendant for a doll!), a wishbone necklace (for me :p), a cameo pendant, a long fringed necklace for mum, nail varnish in Apricot Crush and a ballerina slippers charm for my charm bracelet from Y.
Topshop - a Bajoran-style earring (a hook for a pierced ear and an earcuff joined by a chain - this one has a genuine chunk of turquoise and some feathers) and some white rose hairclips
WHSmith - hole reinforcers, some pens and an address book for work
Chelsea Doll - a black handbag like a Mulberry Alexa and some Barry M mock croc crackle paint


Why hole reinforcers, you ask? Well I saw this manicure tutorial by Wayward Daughter and I've always wanted to try it myself. So far it's worked well!

I've been playing with my nails quite a bit since Christmas, trying different things. I had black lace nail transfers over a nude base and they looked quite classy for New Year. Today I'm wearing my new Claire's grey nail varnish with unpainted lunulas :) Tomorrow it'll probably be my new apricot nail varnish from Accessorize!

No comments:

Post a Comment