Thursday 28 July 2011

Creation

Although I've kept an intermittent LiveJournal before (Deccaboo), I've never really kept a blog and my LJ updates are sporadic - I don't think I've updated once this year, bad me!

I don't really know what I intend this blog to be - I have lots of seemingly disparate interests and not much time to pursue them - but I will make a concerted effort to update!

I'm currently writing my MA dissertation - In September 2010 I started my one year course in Information and Library Management at LJMU, by this September I will have handed in my dissertation and should really be looking for a proper job in the world of librarianism ... I should be anyway! At the moment the library job market isn't particularly huge in the UK because of the recession, but *fingerscrossed* it will start to pick up soon.

Some of my favourite things are books (I'm including my Kindle, Ziyal, in this), dolls, photography, shoes, tea dresses, pearls, lace and polka dots. Above all those things though, I love frogs! Frogs are above and away my favourite animal.

I have a large collection of dresses and shoes, but I really can't help it! I started an unsuccessful shopping ban on January 1st 2011 - I did alright for a few months and then university deadlines suddenly got very stressful and my resolve really crashed! 


I have a collection of cameras, some point and shoot, some SLRs. I don't always have the opportunity to go out and play with my cameras as much as I'd like. My main cameras are my Nikon D-40 DSLR, my Nikon Coolpix S220 and my Ihagee Exa mini SLR.

I collect Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls (ABJD or just BJD most of the time) and some Asian fashion dolls - at the moment I have five BJDs, a floating head, one Dollfie Dream, a cat BJD, a Dal, a Momoko and a Unoa Sekiguchi Fluorite. I've always like dolls, action figures and miniatures, so it should be no surprise to anyone who knows me that as soon as I found out about BJDs I would want one of my own! Some of my dolls can be seen on my Flickr

My current dolls are;
BJDs
Volks Megu - Mafonwen Enku
Volks FCS F05 head - Mefyswen Enku
Volks SDC Kurt - Klemens-Ruprecht von Klessel
Volks SDC Kurenai - Melangell Shigeta
Volks YoSD Yuh - Mari-chan
Seed Dolls Inkling - Fflur
Camellia Dynasty Wong cat - Arthur

Volks Dollfie Dream
DD OpH01 - Momoko Jones

Dal
Magical Pink Chan - Bella

Momoko
Day Off Delight - Nicola

Unoa Light Fluorite
Victorian Lady - Imogen

No comments:

Post a Comment